- to have a life
- to have holidays as a part of my life
- to have many loving & helpful relatives, friends, acquaintances, colleagues, & pets
- to have the essentials of life: food, shelter, clothing, . . .
- to have the many freedoms that we have in our country, such as the right to vote
- to have the ability to see some of nature's beautiful animals, plants, and settings
- to have many admirable manufactured items in our world (houses, cars, computers, phones, appliances, roads, books, pens, pencils, furniture, electricity, . . . )
- to have the chance to pursue my dreams: to be both a professor and a writer
- to have the ability to pray to God & to thank Him for the many blessings in my life
I'm thankful for so much in my life, including these and many other items:
Holidays Amaze has the poem "The Strength of Unity on Veterans Day" on pages 65 and 66. Especially since I know so many veterans, I really enjoyed writing this poem. My father, for example, was in the navy during World War II. A couple of my brothers also served in the military. I am thankful for the past, present, and future courageous, helpful actions of veterans in keeping our country safe and filled with freedrom.
I also love the U.S. flag's design; it includes a star for each of the current fifty states, in addition to a stripe for each of the historic thirteen colonies. I love this use of connections between our country's present and past history.
Dr. Karen Petit is the author of Banking on Dreams, Mayflower Dreams, Roger Williams in an Elevator, Unhidden Pilgrims, Holidays Amaze, and Amazing Holiday Paws. She is thankful to God for the many wonderful activities that happen on holidays and celebrations with her family, friends, and colleagues.