- to have a life
- to have holidays as a part of my life
- to have many loving & helpful relatives, friends, acquaintances, colleagues, & pets
- to have the essentials of life: food, shelter, clothing, . . .
- to have the many freedoms that we have in our country, such as the right to vote
- to have the ability to see some of nature's beautiful animals, plants, and settings
- to have many admirable manufactured items in our world (houses, cars, computers, phones, appliances, roads, books, pens, pencils, furniture, electricity, . . . )
- to have the chance to pursue my dreams: to be both a professor and a writer
- to have the ability to pray to God & to thank Him for the many blessings in my life
I'm thankful for so much in my life, including these and many other items:
Holidays Amaze has the poem "The Strength of Unity on Veterans Day" on pages 65 and 66. Especially since I know so many veterans, I really enjoyed writing this poem. My father, for example, was in the navy during World War II. A couple of my brothers also served in the military. I am thankful for the past, present, and future courageous, helpful actions of veterans in keeping our country safe and filled with freedrom.
I also love the U.S. flag's design; it includes a star for each of the current fifty states, in addition to a stripe for each of the historic thirteen colonies. I love this use of connections between our country's present and past history.